Saturday 8 December 2012

Review: Babian – Heja Dom Som Vinner!


Babian – Heja Dom Som Vinner! (Heptown Records)
Swedish rockers Babion (translated: Baboon) hit a range of different styles (and decades) on their third album, from ‘60s fuzz-rock and ‘70s FM pop, all the way to ‘90s grunge - not to mention drum machines and the orchestrations on “Östersjöns vida vatten”.

Needless to say I don’t have a clue what they’re singing about. It could be a dozen songs about puppies and lollipops for all I know, though I suspect there’s considerably more to them than that. I hope so, because they make a fine noise and I’m growing quite attached to both these cheeky arctic monkeys and “Heja Dom Som Vinner!”

Just so you know, these are my favourites: “Ung Man”, “Peter Pan”, the fore mentioned “Östersjöns vida vatten” and of course, not forgetting “Om inte nu så när?”

For more details, learn Swedish.
Phil S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.